After recently upgrading my 1.1.6 version of SMF to 1.1.9 and having issues with that upgrade, I decided to just go ahead and upgrade to 2.0 RC1 since I’ve been running it on several forums with great success. After a successful upgrade, I tried testing the registration process and the captcha images were not showing. A few minutes later I tried a test post with an attachment and the result was a blank page. I posted another test post without an image and tried modifying it afterward and loading an attachment. That resulted in another blank page. After searching around, I found this code snippet that cured both issues.